When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
(Photo taken in Punta del Este, Uruguay)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Skiing the andes












My highlight of the past few days was skiing the andes mountains. The andes are a very majestic mountain range stretching further than the eye can see. Towards the end of the day the sun decided to poke out and give us some great photos. We also happened to get one of my crashes on film and it's quite funny so I put it on YouTube for all to watch. There's a link to it posted to the right. :)


The next highlight was going to church. You'll never guess who I saw there - Tony Tervort (Elder Tervort I mean). Of all the places to run into him - seriously, what are the odds. I knew he was here somewhere but I didn't think I would actually ever see him. He had a baptism today so I stayed after church to see that as well. He looks great and seems to be doing really well.

So it's ridiculously cold here and unbelievably humid. To best demonstrate the humidity level, I find it necessary to explain a little story about laundry. I washed my laundry exactly 7 days ago. We do not have a dryer. My clothes are still not dry! After being hung up for 7 days their still damp. Isn't that unbelievable! I hung half of the clothes outside on the clothesline and half of it all over my room. It happened to rain, so I realized outside was not a good idea and brought all those clothes into my room as well. To be honest though, that doesn't really matter or make a difference - they are not going to dry either way. It's too cold and too humid. The only chance they ever have of drying is on a sunny day and they must be hung up in the window and get direct sunlight. Other than that, I now just dry them with a hair dryer. It's really time consuming, but completely necessary because wearing damp clothing is just asking to get sick.

P.S. I added a couple pictures to the blogs below - so take a look if you want.

No comments: